- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks [I left the skin on]
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed [I used fresh]
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a garlic press [I used garlic powder]
- 1 head (10 ounces) red-leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
I take a class at the gym on Mondays and wanted this ready when I got home, so I did all the prep work and instructed Mark to put the sweet potatoes and red onion in the oven at 450. The sweet potato and sequestered red onion (I kept them separate because Mark doesn’t like them) were tossed in olive oil and salt and pepper.
I put the green beans and walnuts in a separate pan, also seasoned and oiled up.
To make the dressing, I combined yogurt, garlic powder, and the vinegar. I also mixed in S+P.
Mark not only followed my instructions, but took pictures too.
Like my notes say, the sweet potato and onion went in the oven for 20 minutes.
You can barely see anything but lettuce here! It was good, but I think I’ve mentioned before that if putting together a salad takes more than 10 minutes, I feel a little cheated. So, while it was really good, I probably wouldn’t make it again.